I'm a Pennsylvania tenant and I don't want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Pennsylvania tenant eviction rights?

Other than working out an arrangement with your landlord or fighting the eviction in court, there are few other alternatives available in Pennsylvania after you've been served with lawful notice. If you are past due on rent, you may simply pay the rent when it is demanded or at any time before you are actually evicted (removed by a sheriff or constable). If you've violated your lease, your landlord may not have to give you the opportunity to correct the violation. After you've been given notice, you will receive a summons from the court once the eviction process has begun. The summons may be served in person by a sheriff or constable, by mail, or by posting on the property. You should inform the official serving the summons or otherwise inform the court that you intend to appear (assuming you intend to do so). The summons will require you to appear in court in 7-10 days. If you feel you have been wronged in some way by your landlord, you may be able to file a counterclaim.

At this point, you may wish to seek the advice of an experienced Pennsylvania evictions lawyer, either to pursue your counterclaim or to help you defend against eviction.