I'm an Oklahoma tenant and I don't want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Oklahoma tenant eviction rights?

If you are an Oklahoma tenant and your landlord has given you notice that your lease is terminating, you have a few options. You can try to fix the reason for the eviction by paying your back rent or otherwise remedying the breach you have committed. You can also try to negotiate with your landlord for more time. If none of this works, you will simply have to wait for your landlord to file for eviction. When you get the eviction papers from the court (they will serve you with them), you should pay attention to the court date on the summons. You will have to go to court and answer the complaint on that day and if you don't, default judgment may be entered against you. You and your landlord will both have the opportunity to argue your sides.

If you have reached this point, it may be a good idea to seek the counsel of an experienced Oklahoma evictions lawyer to help you defend against the eviction or to advise you as to any rights you may have with respect to the circumstances surrounding the notice you received and the eviction action.