I'm an Oklahoma landlord with a difficult tenant. I've given the tenant the proper Oklahoma termination notice, but he still won't leave. What next? What is the Oklahoma eviction process?

If you are an Oklahoma landlord and your tenant will not leave your property, your next step (after giving notice, of course) is to file for eviction. You will have to go to your local district courtand follow their procedure. The court will serve your tenant with a summons and give you a court date. You should be sure to show up on the court date because if you don't, your suit will be dismissed and you will have to start all over. At court you and your tenant will each state your arguments and the judge will decide for one of you. If you win, you still cannot physically remove your tenant yourself. You must give the judgment to your local sheriff, who will escort your tenant off the property (for a fee, most likely).

Remember that if at any time you are starting to feel overwhelmed in handling the eviction process yourself, you can always seek out an experienced Oklahoma evictions attorney to help.