I'm a Kentucky tenant and I don't want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Kentucky tenant eviction rights?

If you are a Kentucky tenant and you have been given a Kentucky termination notice by your landlord, you should try to fix your breach. Pay your rent if you're late, or get rid of the cat you got in violation of the lease, or whatever it is that has caused your landlord to terminate your lease. If you live in an area that has adopted the Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant act ("URLTA"), your cure will mean that the landlord cannot file for eviction (if you are not covered by URLTA you will have to leave anyway). If you do not think you have done anything wrong, you should try to negotiate with your landlord or just wait for him or her to file a forcible detainer (eviction) action. When the action is filed, you will receive a copy of your landlord's complaint and a court date. Be sure to show up and argue your case because if you don't, the court might enter a default judgment against you.

At this point, you may wish to seek the advice of an experienced Kentucky evictions lawyer, either to give you sound advice, help you defend against the eviction, or to advise you as to any rights you may have with respect to the circumstances surrounding the notice given and the forcible detainer action.