I'm an Idaho tenant and I don't want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Idaho tenant eviction rights?

If you are an Idaho tenant and you do not want to leave your apartment or house, and your landlord has given you notice that the lease is terminating, you should try to negotiate with your landlord. You have 3 days to pay rent or cure your breach of the lease, and you should try to do so. If you haven't done anything wrong, you can just wait for your landlord to file an eviction action. When the landlord does, you will receive a summons and complaint (your landlord will serve you). You will have 20 days to file an answer. Once you file, the court will set a date for a hearing and both you and your landlord will go to argue your sides.

Going to court can be an intimidating process, and you may not feel comfortable or confident enough to represent yourself. Seeking the advice of an experienced Idaho evictions lawyer is an option. An Idaho evictions lawyer can help you defend against the eviction and advise you as to any rights you may have regarding the notice received and the eviction action itself.