I'm an Idaho landlord with a difficult tenant. I've given the tenant the proper Idaho termination notice, but he still won't leave. What next? What is the Idaho eviction process?

If you are an Idaho landlord and you have given your tenant notice that the lease is terminating but the tenant hasn't left your property, you should then file for eviction. Go to your local District Court and file the appropriate papers. You will then have to serve your tenant with the complaint and summons from the court.

The tenant will have 20 days to answer the complaint. When the tenant answers, the court will set a hearing date and you and your tenant will both go argue your sides. If you win, the court will give you a writ of restitution that will allow the sheriff to assist you in removing the tenant from your property. Usually the tenant will have a few days to move out on his or her own. Remember, it is not lawful for you to physically remove your tenant yourself.

If you feel it would be in your best interest during this process to seek specialized legal advice, you can contact an experienced Idaho evictions attorney.