I'm a Colorado tenant and I don't want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Colorado tenant eviction rights?

If you are a Colorado tenant and your landlord has decided to end your tenancy, you have a few options. You have probably already been given notice to quit or a demand for compliance. If you have received a notice to quit, you will just have to wait for the 3 days to expire and for the landlord to file a "forcible entry and detainer" (eviction) action. If you have received a demand for compliance, you should try to comply with the notice. Usually this will mean paying rent that you owe or fixing a breach of the lease. If you cannot pay or do not think you have done anything wrong, you will have to wait the 3 days until the landlord files for eviction. When he or she does, you will receive a copy of the complaint and the summons which will include a "return date" to answer the complaint. Do not ignore the complaint. If you do not answer, default judgment will be entered against you and you will lose and be evicted.

If your case has reached a point where you think you might need help, you can always seek the advice of an experienced Colorado evictions lawyer. A lawyer can help you defend against the eviction and advise you as to any rights you may have regarding the notice received and the forcible entry and detainer action.