General Home Buying and Selling Questions
Articles - FAQs
- What is a "listing agreement"?
- Landlord Rights: Collecting Unpaid Rent and Property Damage
- After looking for months, we finally found a home we could afford. Unfortunately, the home inspection revealed a number of defects that weren't apparent at the time we agreed to buy the property. While we have the right to walk away without penalty, we prefer to work out a solution. What are some of the options?
- Do You Need a Lawyer on a Purchase and/ or Sale of a Home or Real Estate?
- If a home buyer makes an offer on a house, is she bound to it? If a home seller accepts an offer, can he change his mind?
- If the inspection is not satisfactory, can the buyer back out of the deal?
- Is it a good idea to close escrow while there is a tenant in the property that is currently being evicted?
- What are "title insurance" and "mortgage insurance", and are they necessary?
- What are some things a seller should look out for when dealing with the sale of a house?
- What happens after a buyer and seller agree on a price for a home?
- What happens at the "closing"?
- What if there are problems found with the house after the closing?
- What is a "contract"?
- What is the first thing I need to do if I am buying or selling a house?
- Easements and Exits---Using your neighborï¿½s property as an exit
- Can a listing agent continue to show homes even after it's under contract, approved, and a closing date is set?
- I own a property site with my sister who is living in it rent-free. She is not interested in purchasing my half. I'm not getting any use or value from the property as is. What are my options?
- I live in a state that permits real estate agents to prepare purchase contracts for their clients. Under what circumstances should I consider having an attorney eyeball the purchase transaction?